
Monday, June 23, 2008
I did not pass. Out of like approximately 10 students, only 1 passed. But I'm considered good enough for someone who have not ride a bike before okay. Ching chai lah.
Only first practical, I will have to report one hour earlier, for instructor to show us around and teach us what to do if next time we come, where to report, what to wear, what to bring, e.g, so on.
For the rest of the practical, just have to reached like 15 minutes earlier will do.
I didn't buy my own glove, I do remember, just that I don't have the time to do it. As I have expected, I have to buy the gloves at the counter :

The Queue
Durian gloves at 1 dollar per pair
Then report back to the instructor.
Today's instructor is : Mr Lee Boon Ping. He's damn nice okay, very patient, very cheerful and I'm very lucky to have him as my instructor. He's kind of plum la, tanned skin uncle, I thought he was a Malay at first, due to his accent.
I got my red number tag at the back of the reporting counter, red means still in 1st practical, as we goes on, it will gradually change to some other kind of colours :
The reporting counter, and my classmates :)
Mr Lee is sitting inside the counter, saw? He has been covered by number 11 anyway, my indian classmate, only part of him was shown. Number five is my new Malay friend, Hosni. He's quite a nice guy ya. By the way, I got a number 15 for myself. As 5 would be my lucky number :
Noob's tag. Number 5 was not there, have 15 instead.
Me on the durian gloves too.
Also, my helmet's plastic thing, (not sure what's the term for it), let's call it cover, it was tinted so it has to be plucked off. So I think it looks quite stupid lah.
I had taken some pictures of me wearing the helmet. Shall not post it and spoil my image. XD
Now, now, here's the bike I will be riding for all my practical lessons :
Yamaha bike
It was damn heavy lah. I was told to get the lower seat one. Instruction was given for us to get the bike off the main stand. I rocked it off and "PAK!" it dropped on the floor. Basically, I have no strength to hold it close to me after it was removed from stand.
Press brake after it was removed from stand. I sat on it and hell, my leg have to tip toe just to touch the floor.
We started off with the first gear and also how to catch the biting point. (Biting point = you can feel the vehicle is going to move but have not) so let go abit more of the clutch, just millimeter more (Clutch = Used to connect and disconnect engine power) and it will move. For first few tries, I was farking scared lah! For one of the tries, I turn on my trottle grip (Trottle grip = Used for accelerating and deceleration) and let go of my clutch. Wah lao! My bike just shoot forward and my body just lean back and my neck twisted to the back due to the high speed lah. Boy, It was totally unglam. Then I banged into the wheels "pasted" on the metal bars to prevent injuries. My lungs and intestines seems to be almost flung out of my body. I don't know why I let go of the clutch either. Mr Lee ran after me while I was shooting forward.
After we gets better we started to lift up both legs practising balancing with the moving vehicle with the bike applying to the first gear. With right leg on the rear brake. Press it when you reach the stopping point. I keep forgetting though. Then I got shouted lah, "Press the rear brake! press the rear brake!" followed by "aiya~"
We proceed on to the circuit and practised round and round. I was going to knocked onto some of the instuctors, lol, they was freaked out man. I managed to stopped before knocking them down.
We learnt till changing to the 2nd and 3rd gear and changing back to the 1st one. Finally I've got the hang of it.
End of Lesson.
the results came out within five minutes.
Failed. But Mr Lee said it in a very round the bush manner, "oh you have not completed practical lesson one, book again."
Waste money.
Hey hey, my hand was burnt lah. Look :

Sun burnt and the elbow part of the hand was spared due to the elbow pads.
Lesson learnt : Wear long sleeve next time.
Booking of lesson at CDC was tedious. So many people was queueing for it. I've got No. 737 while it was still stucked at No. 500. Aiya, forget it, I'll book it online instead though I'm not sure how. As I'm VERY hungry.
There is mini coffe shop in there but you know lah, lacked of good food.
On the following day, I went to Nirai kanai to work in the evening. Quite tired though after the bike lesson.
Saw Micheal and Xue Ling auntie, slicing raddish, Japanese call it "Daikon" :

Micheal and Xue Ling and Mr Raddish
This is not easy as seen. Have to be super thin and transparent and striaght lah. Can do it at home when you're very free :
First, get a raddish ( of course.) :

Skins
Then, start to slice:
Daikon in slices
You should have see Chef Hiro san doing it, fast and standard slicing of daikon.
I tried doing it. i did't manage to start even either, because the knife was TOO sharp.
Okay write in another post already as there is too much pictures here and it makes my com jam.